Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Getting Hot in Here

Last night I attended my first design-related event as a blogger! It was the private grand opening of FLOR's Santa Monica store, and while I know it's not the Oscars, it was exciting for me nonetheless (I've told you before that I love myself a nice FLOR tile.) The kids were at the g-parents for a sleepover so the hubby and I decided to go together and have a little date. We stopped for happy hour at the Border Grill - you can't beat $4 mojitos, $3 tacos and bottomless chips! - then swung through West Elm and CB2, where I picked up this wire basket I've been eyeing for a while.

Then we hit the store opening. Unfortunately the air conditioner in the store was clearly not up and running, and we've got another heat wave going in LA (it's going to be 87 degrees tomorrow) but the store looked great.

They had shelves full of sample FLOR tiles:




And a grid taped out on part of the floor so you could lay down full-size tiles to get a better sense:




And what party would be complete without yummy food and drinks?




Unfortunately we were too full from Border Grill to have anything else, and since we started sweating after about five minutes there we didn't linger for very long, but they were nice enough to give us these sweet little gift bags with some fall-colored tile samples on our way out:


Thanks, FLOR!

No comments: