Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The hubby and I worked hard on this year’s holiday card, which we fully intended to mail out as a postcard a few weeks ago to reach all our friends at a time appropriate for those who celebrate Hanukkah and/or Christmas. But due to busy work schedules, the new baby dog and OfficeDepot’s unacceptable paper quality, we decided to go with a Paperless Post card again this year.

While I do like the idea of a physical card that friends and family can keep or hang (like I did this year with this holiday card wreath made from an embroidery hoop):




...it can’t help but feel indulgent to waste paper and stamps when you can so quickly and easily send an attractive electronic card. Better yet, Paperless Post has a great tracking feature that lets you see who opened the card and allows them to send you a message back, which is something you definitely don't get with a paper card. I logged in this morning to find dozens of responses from loved ones with return holiday wishes and compliments on our card:

What do you think? I have to admit it was the Mr.’s idea, but it was inspired by silhouettes I did of the kids last year, so I’ll call that a joint effort. 

I’ll be spending the day today cooking up some delicious homemade soups for our little Christmas Eve get together, checking the closets for any gifts I hid but forgot to wrap, and hopefully stealing plenty of kisses underneath our homemade wool felt mistletoe.

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and can’t wait to hear all about what Santa brought you!

No comments: