Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sick Day

I had managed to stay one step ahead of the kids' colds for the past couple weeks - they've been coughing and sniffling non-stop, but it finally caught up with me yesterday, so I decided to indulge in a rarely taken sick day and stay home.

Once I got the kids off to school I crawled under a blanket on the sofa, where, other than trips to the kitchen and bathroom, I remained for most of the day. I took in a ton of HGTV and TLC, along with a viewing of Sherlock Holmes on demand (I'll give it two stars) and spoiled myself with lots of little comforts:

My favorite sick day South Park socks:



A big bowl of peanut butter Puffins with bananas:



Water from my new carafe (which I glass etched myself!):


And handfuls of popcorn from this giant Trader Joe's tin:



I'm back in action today, although a little sad I can't spend the day at home again -it was such a nice break!

No comments: