Monday, December 6, 2010

Still Decking the Halls

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity - a birthday party, brunch, kids classes and the Nutcracker - and that was just Saturday! By Sunday morning I was excited to sleep in a bit (how sad that 7:30 seems like sleeping in at this point in my life) lounge around in my PJs until late in the morning, and indulge in a delicious chocolate chip pancake breakfast prepared by the hubby and kids.

I was able to make some time to get up a few more holiday decorations though, including this wreath on the front door...


...and gold balls in a vase on the mantle (next to our owl stocking holders).


I also took some of the pinecones we used for Thanksgiving decorating and gave them a quick coat of gold spraypaint:




...then used them in a garland with burlap in the windows...





...and with some candles in the fireplace:




I picked up some evergreen and berry arrangements from Trader Joe's and placed them in two large pots in front of the fireplace:



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No comments: