Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bottled Up


If you have kids, you know there are gifts that you are happy for them to receive, and gifts that make you cringe. I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but honestly, if it’s “the thought that counts,” sometimes I wonder “what they were thinking!!” Every parent has their own criteria for bad gifts – for some it’s noisy or messy toys, for others with space constraints it’s oversized items, and don’t forget about the politically-fueled toy gun or Barbie doll to get people going.

That’s why I was thrilled when one of my dearest friends picked just the right gift for my kids this year. Not that I should be surprised – she somehow always picks great gifts for us and the kids (and she’s not even a mom yet, for another few weeks at least!) It was practical, useful, fun and creative….it was Crayola’s Create Your Own Water Bottle. 

Amidst a pile of Zhu Zhu pets and Wii games, my kids begged to work on these first. The kits came with everything you need to make personalized aluminum water bottles – especially helpful since they are ALWAYS losing theirs or leaving them at school.

We laid out some newspaper and got to it!











No comments: